Trinity Mennonite Church organizes a range of events for people across all ages in and around South Calgary.
Currently we are holding a mixture of in-person and online events. Please contact the office if you would like assistance joining in any of our events. Currently there are the following events:
- Sundays at 11:00 am*: onsite as well as Weekly Facebook Live Worship & Prayer Time
- For in-person services masks are required and we ask everyone to RSVP Online
- Women’s Coffee Plus will be December 9 on Zoom. For connection info please contact the office.
- TMC Virtual Christmas Celebration
- In place of our annual banquet, the TMC Hospitality Committee is seeking your participation in our first ever Virtual Christmas Celebration. We invite you to submit a short video that reflects your joy of the Christmas season. Think of it as a Christmas card from you to your TMC family. A message in the snow, a musical number, a short story, a shout out from the top of a toboggining hill – your choice, your creativity. Just a few things to consider. Keep your video within 30 seconds to no longer than 2 minutes. You can submit one or more pictures instead of a video if that is preferred. The due date is December 13th – submissions later than that will not be included, so get your creativity started!! You can submit your entry to Erinne, or the office
Regularly Occurring Events:
- Men’s Breakfast at 8:00 am at Ricky’s Grill in Okotoks the first and third Saturdays of each month
- Men & Women’s Breakfast at 8:00 am at Humpty’s at Fish Creek Station the second and forth Saturdays of each month
*Current provincial guidelines prohibit gatherings like the breakfast gatherings above. Until meeting people from outside of your household in restaurants is permitted again, these meetings are on hold.
Want to know more? Subscribe to our weekly announcements email below, or contact the office.
Events Held Annually
Sunday School Picnic
This is a tradition which marks the end of the instruction year in June, and is celebrated by the entire church. Father’s Day is a favourite Sunday to have the picnic.
Gathering Sunday & Annual Corn Boil
This event is conducted at the beginning of a new season for all of our programs. During this event, we pray for our leaders who will be going into a new season and send them off with a blessing. Following the service, we enjoy a boiled-corn lunch that includes corn, butter, watermelon, roll kuchen, and desserts. This creates an opportunity for a tasty meal, wonderful fellowship, and a time of fun.
Church Family Fall Retreat
Every year in September, we spend a weekend at Camp Valaqua as a group. We eat together, sing together, and play together for an entire weekend, and in this way we get to know each other better.
Christmas banquets takes place on one of the earlier Saturdays in December. During this time we dress up, enjoy a great Christmas dinner, sing carols, and usually enjoy some form of entertainment in the evening.